St. Pius X School was built on a 27-acre parcel of land located on Waggoner Road purchased from the Igel family on September 7, 1958. Four Sisters of St. Joseph were assigned to staff the school once the convent was built. The school opened on September 6, 1960 to 151 students in grades 1, 2, and 3. At the time, Reynoldsburg was a small remote town with 7,790 residents, and St. Pius served 2,002 parishioners. As one grade was added each year, additional space became necessary. Construction began in October 1963 to add ten additional classrooms. The school addition was completed and dedicated September 1964 by Bishop Issenmann, and additional Sisters and lay teachers were hired to staff the school. The first eighth grade class, consisting of 51 students, graduated in 1966.
The Home and School Association was organized in September 1966. The St. Pius X Advisory Board was organized two years later in February 1968. Increased school enrollment brought a need for an addition to the convent in March 1968. Ground was also broken the same month for the church building. Bishop Clarence E. Elwell dedicated the new church in October 1969.
In the summer of 1978, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish was established and those families were included in the St. Pius X School community.
As the St. Pius Parish and School grew and prospered, so did the need for service organizations. Among these was Latchkey, an after-school childcare program for St. Pius X children which started in 1987. To meet the need of a facility to accommodate large groups, a Parish Activity Center was built and completed in January 1988. This addition has a gymnasium with spectator stands, a stage, a meeting room, lockers, showers, and a food preparation area. The Children’s Center (preschool) was opened in October 1991 in the old convent building.
St. Pius X School is continually progressing with current trends and best practices.