The Phonics Dance is in full motion!
Kindergarten- alphabet dance
First Grade- alphabet dance and "hunks and chunks" dance
There are over 40 hunks and chunks. Here are a few that we have been working on:
1. SH S-H sh, sh, sh S-H sh, sh, sh (with finger over mouth shushing)
2. CH It's time for the chicken cha cha
C-H ch, ch, ch C-H ch, ch, ch (do the cha-cha)
3. TH This is a thorn and this is a thistle
T-H th, th, th (hard sound) T-H th, th, th (soft sound showing thumbs up)
4. EA You take a scaredy cat e and a scaredy cat a, put them together
and what to they say eeeeeeeeeeee
5. EE When you see a double e you say ee, it's a bumble bee party.
When you see a double e you say ee, it's a bumble bee party
eeeee e eeeee e.
6. AR C-A-R C-A-R stick your arm in a jar of stars.
A-R ar ar ar A-R ar ar ar (cover eye like a pirate)
Second Grade- "Hunks and Chunks" review/ reteach