The Phonics Dance is in full motion!
First Grade- alphabet dance and "hunks and chunks" dance
There are over 40 hunks and chunks. Here are a few that we have been working on:
1. SH S-H sh, sh, sh S-H sh, sh, sh (with finger over mouth shushing)
2. CH It's time for the chicken cha cha C-H ch, ch, ch C-H ch, ch, ch (do the cha-cha)
3. TH This is a thorn and this is a thistle
T-H th, th, th (hard sound) T-H th, th, th (soft sound showing thumbs up)
4. EA You take a scaredy cat e and a scaredy cat a, put them together and what to they say eeeeeeeeeeee
5. EE When you see a double e you say ee, it's a bumble bee party. When you see a double e you say ee, it's a bumble bee party eeeeee eeeeee
6. AR C-A-R C-A-R stick your arm in a jar of stars. A-R ar ar ar A-R ar ar ar (cover eye like a pirate)
7. AW A-W aw, A-W aw, here's a paw, here's a paw, aw, aw, aw
8. OW O-W ow, O-W ow, there's a cow going down. D-O-W-N and that's the way you get down.
9. _OW But at the end of the word O-W says ow like in snow.